Saturday, June 21, 2008

ch-ch-ch-changes

Well, we're in for another month of changes in the dela Rosa household. Verge got a new job this week. As of the beginning of July, he will be managing a different clothing store. Suffice it to say that it was time for him to move on and the new place made him an offer he couldn't refuse. We're pretty excited about it, actually. Better pay, a week more vacation time and this new company sells men's, women's and kid's clothes, so now he can outfit our whole family! Good times. It'll be a busy month, since, once again, he's been called in to whip the place into shape, but that kind of thing really energizes him so it'll be good. Besides which, my parents, sister and cousin are all in town around the end of July, beginning of August, so I'll have lots to do to keep me busy.

Also, I've been elected to be an elder at my church. I'm really honoured and looking forward to getting my hands dirty in ministry again.

What else can I tell you? Kai had his second round of shots last week Friday. We could tell he's definitely developing and becoming more aware of his surroundings because he knew what was going on this time. Vergil had him on his lap and I was to the side, trying to distract him, but oh no, his eyes were glued on the doctor and the needles that were being prepared and sure enough, before the doctor even came at him with them, that bottom lip was right out and he was crying. As bad as I felt for him, I thought it was kind of cute. He did really good, though, and only cried for a few minutes after it was all over. He ran a bit of a fever for most of the next day, but by Sunday was back to himself, so I think that's pretty good.

Oh yes, I know what I wanted to tell you - I won a book on this blog a few months ago and got it in the mail a couple weeks back. It's called A Crack in the Wall by Betty Jane Hegerat and I have to highly recommend it to you. She's a brilliant writer. So good, in fact, that I can't read her book before going to bed because her stories are so engaging that my brain won't shut down. So, if you're looking for a good book to read by a Canadian author, check out A Crack in the Wall.

That's all for now. Here's a pic of my smiling babe for you:

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I honestly think I have the cutest godson ever! I need to kiss those cheeks! :)

mmichele said...

he is so darn cute!!