I'm tired today. Kai's sleep has gotten worse again since we moved him out of his bassinet and into his crib. I think the bigness of his crib stresses him out and makes it hard for him to fall into a deep sleep. It sucks, but we're working on it. I've tried putting his nursing pillow (a big, u-shaped pillow) around his head to make him feel a little more closed in and that's seemed to help a little, but he's still not sleeping like he was last week. Oh well. Such is life, I suppose. Needless to say, it's made me pretty tired again. Today I kind of wish I could have a day off. Let someone else look after Kai for a while while I just veg at home. But I think I can settle for a nice long shower when Verge gets home to tide me over.
On the other hand, Kai is getting a lot more interactive and starting to be kind of chatty and full of smiles. Makes the short, sleepless nights really worth it in the end. Here's my most recent video of him being SO CUTE I could just eat him up. Ignore my banal chatter in the background. I've always thought mom or dad talking to the baby in videos like this sounded really silly and I have to say, I sound no different! LOL Ah well, I think that's just how people sound when they talk to someone who can't talk back.
Oh, he is just the sweetest thing! I hope that you can get some more sleep soon :( One thing that my grandma had suggested to me when T was a baby was to put a pillow in the end of her crib where she wasn't sleeping (obviously I couldn't do it once she started moving around lots in her sleep, for fear she would smother herself) but she HATED how open her crib was too, and it just kind of made it feel a little more confined. I don't want to be one of those "advice" mommies, but thought I would pass that along, and maybe/maybe not it will be something you'll want to try!!! At any rate, I do hope that the sleeping gets better soon!
1 comment:
Oh, he is just the sweetest thing! I hope that you can get some more sleep soon :( One thing that my grandma had suggested to me when T was a baby was to put a pillow in the end of her crib where she wasn't sleeping (obviously I couldn't do it once she started moving around lots in her sleep, for fear she would smother herself) but she HATED how open her crib was too, and it just kind of made it feel a little more confined. I don't want to be one of those "advice" mommies, but thought I would pass that along, and maybe/maybe not it will be something you'll want to try!!! At any rate, I do hope that the sleeping gets better soon!
Post a Comment