Wednesday, February 20, 2008

random rudeness

Check out this 'annonymous' comment I just got on my last post:

I know you just had a baby, but couldn't you take the care to pay attention to your appearance?


Isn't that great? I'm leaving it because it made me laugh so hard. What the deuce is that all about anyway? Is there some random comment generator that picks blogs and leaves strange, rude messages? Or is it just one guy or girl with too much time on their hands? Seriously. Weird.

7 comments:

mmichele said...

couldn't they take the care to use better grammar when sending insults?

Alisha said...

Wow, I don't think I'd take that comment as well as you have..

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! Way to go, Krista! I read the comment and gasped out loud, thinking, "That's terrible." And then I laughed, too. Terrible comment, but the complete irrelevance of the comment is really funny. In the end, I wonder if the comment was intended for its incredulity? It's hard to believe someone would even say that seriously.

Motherhood is beautiful. The exhaustion that I imagine must come with caring for your first, your new baby, the apparent disregard for one's own beautification (if you even want to view it that way), is beautiful in its utter unglamourousity (I made that word up). This time of life is not about your appearance, it's about your baby. And that is so beautiful.

-Me- said...

Hmmm...rude much??? People seriously have nothing better to do with their time, hey! I for one think you look pretty darn good for having just had a baby :-) You're allowed to look tired, if you looked like you had just spent all day at a beauty salon I don't think it would be normal!! :-)

Sheri said...

You know I read that comment and figured you either know someone who is extremely tasteless in their joke timing or it really was some anonymous person will WAY too much time on their hands. You handled it well my friend and I think you look absolutely fantastic especially when you are holding your son.

PS- I'll be there on Sunday and seeing as I've had some Kai time I will not be throwing out elbows to hold him. :p I shall reserve precious ninang time of my own. ;)

Linda said...

You handled that comment a lot better than I would have. Way to go. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful family on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

I think we're coming on Sunday, too, and, unlike, Sheri, we may throw a few elbows. :)