Monday, May 28, 2007

achy

Wow, I feel old. This past weekend was one of the busiest I've had in a very long time and I'm just in pain today! LOL

Saturday morning I was up bright and early to get to my hair appointment. From there, I headed over to my highschool reunion, which was a tour of the school. It was cool to see so many people I haven't seen in 10 years! Man, I can't believe it's been 10 years already. How crazy is that? Feels just like yesterday and a lifetime ago all at once. I picked up the letter I wrote myself 10 years ago and man, was I ever a melodramatic teenager! It made me laugh and cringe a little. It's a good thing I didn't accomplish everything I'd envisioned for myself, though, mainly because I would have married the wrong guy!

Anyway, here's a picture of me and some of my classmates (I'm the one not looking at the camera, fourth from the right - not including my niece Maddison, who's in the stroller on the right):

From there, I raced home, got changed and we headed out to Morden for Sheri and Jonathan's second wedding celebration. Vergil was a little annoyed with me because we left an hour later than I had said we would, and he was hungry, and it was rainy and windy, and his morning was not as productive as he would have liked. By the end of the night, he'd mellowed, so don't worry. We're not fighting. Not that we even really know how to fight and I don't count being annoyed at each other as fighting.

Anyway, we ended up getting to the picture location earlier than the rest of the wedding party, so it all worked out in the end. I even got to help Sheri into her dress, as planned. I just hope I didn't bruise her ribs - I had the lacing done up pretty dang tight. She made me loosen it at the end of the evening because she was just about ready to pass out.

Sheri looked fabulous, naturally, and Jonathan looked pretty decent too. LOL The wedding was a lot of fun - very relaxed and happy. At first it was a little weird when people started clearing out by 10:00, but then I remembered that 80% of them were driving back to Winnipeg that night (including us). We stayed until 11:00 and got home around 1:00 am. That's probably the latest I've been out in months and months. Again with the feeling old.

Funnier still was going to a picnic the next day for my reunion. Most of the people there have kids and we were laughing at ourselves when we were talking about going to bed 'late' at 11:00. Ten years ago, we would've only left to go partying at 10:00!

Here are some pictures of the wedding for your enjoyment:

Sheri, looking gorgeous:



Sheri and Vergil:



Jonathan and I:



Jonathan and Vergil (laughing at their own wittyness):



Jonathan and Sheri's Mom, Mira:



The classic shoe game:



Dancing:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Virgel we had the BEST time sitting with him at the wedding. Bev said that she has not laughed that hard at a wedding... ever. The whole wedding party looked fabulous.
chromedomie

Whippersnapper said...

Oh, you looked so beautiful!

But where are you in the reunion picture?!

Sheri said...

Aww that was a fun post! I haven't been to your blog in forever...it looks so different...nice pics...so what were Jonathan and Vergil laughing at? LoL