1. Went to the zoo for the first time. It was a lot of fun, actually. Kai enjoyed looking (and yelling) at all the animals.
2. Went to the beach. We went on a Monday morning, like first thing, so we had the whole place to ourselves. We almost got two hours out of Kai, so I think it was a success. He really enjoyed splashing in the water.
4. Dealt with our first playground bully. Some 6-year-old plowed over Kai on the slide and gave him quite the shiner. Not cool.
5. Went to Kai's first Goldeye's game. Actually, that's not entirely true. We tried to go to his first Goldeye's game, but in addition to it being Father's Day (we let Verge get in a round of golf), I also really wanted Kai to squeeze in his afternoon nap. By the time they were both ready to go, it was 3:30 and by the time we got there, the game was already over. Oh well, we ended up going for supper with Kai's godfather, Eugene, and Kai did learn how to drink from a water fountain.
6. My friend Sheri is back at work, so we get to look after her daughter, Arielle, about once a week.
7. GNF went through its first of hopefully many healing prayer days. It was an amazing time of just connecting with God for a specific purpose with a group of people. I think a lot of amazing things have already come of it and will continue to come of it!
8. As of this week, my dad is officially retired! This is pretty amazing considering he was supposed to retire two years ago and we were starting to wonder if he ever really would. Congratulations, Dad (and Mom for officially hiring him to your 'Honey-do' company! LOL)!
9. Saying goodbye to my sister Breanne and her fiance, Adrian. We were lucky enough to be able to have both of them on loan from Edmonton for a year and next week, they're headed back. I'm sad that they're not going to be as near anymore, but I know they'll come visit as often as they can. At least, they better, or the guilt trips I shall send them on will be massive!!
10. Moving to our new house. Only 50 days to go! Check out the awesome backyard for Kai to run around in!
11. A week at the cabin with my parents, sister Sheri and niece Jayden! This picture is from our vacation there last year.
12. Breanne and Adrian's wedding. They are getting married in October and I'm hoping Kai and I can be in Edmonton for at least a week before the nuptials. Unfortunately, Vergil won't be able to come out for that long - he'll probably only be able to be there for the weekend of the actual wedding, but I'm looking forward to some time in E-town. This picture is from my wedding, but it's one of my favorites of me and my sisters. Actually, I have a better one just like this but I can't seem to find it right now...

13. I don't have anything else specific - just looking forward to enjoying the fact that summer is finally here!
2 comments:
Is that a firepit in your back yard?? So much fun! Great pics by the way!
What a fun post!
And how can kai just keep getting CUTEr?!?
I hope summer just keeps on being fun fun funner for you guys!
Post a Comment