Tuesday, August 11, 2009

three more sleeps

And we get our house! That is so hard to believe. I'm leaping back and forth between feeling excited and anxious about the whole thing. There are a lot of things I really love about my apartment (the location, mostly - we're within walking distance of a huge variety of amenities), but there are certainly a ton of things I'm looking forward to about having our own house (having my own yard, not sharing hallways with my neighbours, not having to worry as much about volume levels, more space for all our stuff).

As with most momentous occasions in my life, this one happens to fall right in the midst of about three other major commitments that I am trying to juggle at the same time. I have a huge project for work whose deadline of September 1st is coming way too fast. I'm teaching a class for the fall semester at my school starting September 8th, and church stuff is all kicking back into gear again. Needless to say, I wander around most days with a sense of impending doom lined with a significant amount of positivity and excitement. I confess that it's exhausting to feel so ambivalent.

Oh, and just to ice my stress-cake, my laptop (AKA the source of all the information that runs my day-to-day life) decided it had enough and went and died on me this weekend. The motherboard finally coughed its last few miserable breaths and since it would actually cost me more to have it fixed than to buy a new computer, I believe that's what we'll be doing in the near future. So, if you're reading this on Facebook, that's why I've been MIA the last few days and will remain so at least until after the weekend.

Anyway, I just wanted to update anyone who cares about what's going on with us these days. Now I'll go back to trying to hack away at my to-do list...once I remember what was on it. I had it all written down on my computer...

1 comment:

pamero said...

It seems a lot of computers have been kicking the ol' bucket lately... perhaps I should back up my hard drives...

And I certainly hope that amidst all the busyness, there are moments of rest, of calmness and of overflowing joy!